Thursday, November 26, 2009

"I shall spend every moment loving..."


"O my soul, be the faithful imitator of Jesus meek and humble of heart. He who has been meek and humble of heart deserves to be glorified. O Mary, my dear Mother, here is your poor child, unable to carry on any longer. You know my needs and above all my spiritual distress. Have pity on me. Grant that one day I may be with you in heaven.

O Mary, most loving Mother, grant that following your example, I may be generous in all the sacrifices that Our Lord may ask of me during my life."

- Bernadette Soubirous, Personal Notes

"I must die to myself continually and accept trials without complaining. I work, I suffer and I love with no other witness than his heart. Anyone who is not prepared to suffer all for the Beloved and to do his will in all things is not worthy of the sweet name of Friend, for here below, Love without suffering does not exist."

"It is so good, so sweet and above all, so beneficial to suffer."

"O Jesus and Mary, let my entire consolation in this world be to love you and to suffer for sinners."

"I shall spend every moment loving. One who loves does not notice her trials; or perhaps more accurately, she is able to love them."


"From this moment on, anything concerning me is no longer of any interest to me. I must belong entirely to God and God alone. Never to myself."

"Love overcomes, love delights
Those who love the Sacred Heart rejoice."

"Jesus, my God, I love you above all things."

"O my Mother, to you I sacrifice all other attachments so that my heart may belong entirely to you and to my Jesus."

-St. Bernadette

No comments: