Tuesday, March 23, 2010

For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us!

I gaze in wonder as I make my way towards the throne of the Almighty. Everything here is realer than real. My heart feels so full it could burst and I begin to imagine what it will be like to be here for eternity. A deep commanding voice interrupts my day dreaming (are there day dreams here in this place where true happiness is found?).
"What do you have to offer?"
I am taken aback.
This is the Judge. Justice itself. And I have nothing. I am nothing.
All the good works I may have done in my life are not nearly enough to cover my sin.
I am incapable of earning my own acceptance into this place, my own salvation.
I am completely empty handed.
I realize this and in the same instant (time is so different here)I remember Him whose love for me was so great it knew no bounds. He who was obedient, even unto death, death on a cross.
I kneel before the Judge, arms open wide, but now my hands are no longer empty. I hold in my arms the body of my crucified Savior. Surely the Judge will accept such an offering.
It is true, this is Justice Himself before me, but He is also Mercy. The Merciful Father can not help but be moved by the sight of the Perfect Offering of His Son, the Son with whom He is well pleased.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."
- - - - - - - - -

"Surely he took up our infirmities
and carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
...For he bore the sin of many,and made intercession for the transgressors." -Isaiah 53:4,5,12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.