Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Glow.

At the end of my first week of teaching I had a friend comment that I was glowing.
Well that was not what I was expecting!
After a week of lack of sleep, scrambling, and, quite honestly, a decent amount of B.S.ing (pardon my French abbreviation!) I was expecting something quite different than a heavenly glow to be surrounding me. Palpable anxiety-- possiblely. Visible exhaustion-- most definitely. So where was this glow coming from?

I think it came from being quite certain that, no matter how inadequate I felt in my new job, I was exatly where God wanted me to be. Even though I was making mistakes left and right, I knew that He doesn't make mistakes, ever.

Now that's a reason to glow!


Unfortunately, the glow has begun to fade.

Sigh.

For some reason it's so easy to forget that I ever felt so very cetain that I am exatly where I'm suppsed to be. I so often let the uncertainty of life take over the certainty I should have in God and His plan.
I'm realizing now that this isn't an invluntary circumstance but a choice I have to make. Will I choose to be dismayed, overwelmed and de-glowified by the uncertainty Satan tries to throw in my face, or will I choose to stand firm, glow intact, on the certainty that only God can offer?

Today, I'm choosing to glow.


No comments: